What I Thought While on the Pot: NFS: Shift Review

Saturday, October 10, 2009

NFS: Shift Review

It looks like EA is finally done milking the last viable drop out of the Street Racing car game genre. Pro Street actually looked kinda cool. More of an actual licensed street course type racing game I took it to be. Undercover was just...lame as hell I guess is the best way to say it. YEARS after other car racing games have set the precedent for what racing games should be like in order to be GOOD, EA has finally shifted the course of the Need for Speed car racing series. Honestly, there hasn't been a decent racing game from EA since Motor City Online. Ya feel meh? UNNNHHHGGG!!!

What? My writing style seems different today? Yeah...I've had some Oreos and some milk to wash them down. Please forgive my excitement.

Toca Race Driver 2. Toca Race Driver 3. Forza. GTR Legends. GTR 2. GTR Evolution. Heaven forbid should I say... GRID? Even DIRT had it's moments. DIRT 2 feels like poop on the demo anyway. Not sure if I'm going to try the whole game. Probably will. Eventually. But is there going to be a PC version of Dirt 2 after all these years of local PC racing game fans? Would Codemasters dare leave us...ahem..."in the dust"? Gosh golly gee. I hope not.

I'll tell you what other game feels pretty good is Forza 3. Just played the demo. Feels nice. Works well with wheels and with controller. Of course, I'm using my sidewinder precision racing wheel for my PC to play the XBOX 360 version of the game. Yes yes...don't ask. XIM360.com. NFS Shift feels like crap no matter what you do. I honestly don't see this game getting any better than what it is. It's not going to grow on me.

Once again, EA has finally decided to switch up the genre and try to make a legit racing game. The problem is that what they are attempting to do now is to catch up with franchises that have been tweaking this genre for YEARS to provide the products they are delivering now. EA's first attempt at a legit racing game is not HORRIBLE, but it's just so far behind in development, it's got no chance of surpassing any other racing game out there, especially Forza 3. You've got Forza 3 and Dirt 2 that are going to dominate the genre right now. NFS Shift will have it's mindless EA fanboys that continue to buy every NFS game that comes out, but that'll be it. There will be no new customers. NFS Shift is an EA failure. Good bye now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

poop